Friday, December 21, 2012

Survivor Fans vs Favorites: A Fan's pick

CBS cast the show but let me give you my 10 picks of folks I thought would've made a better cast. Keeping in line with what CBS has done, I didn't choose any cast members before the last Fans vs Favorites season. I didn't try to balance the gender out like CBS did, I picked who I honestly thought would be great to see come back. Let's see what you think:
                                                    Ace Gordon: Survivor Gabon
After being betrayed by the dumb blonde Sugar, Ace's time in the game was really cut short. I would've loved to have seen what he could bring to the table if left in the game longer. I think Ace would've been a deadly opponent and even though Jeff Probst thought the same thing about him back then it looks like CBS will never let it happen.  

                                                    David Murphy: Survivor Redemption Island
Literally the smartest man ever to play Survivor. I liked David but his strategy was a little off. $20 says he's already thought of a way to win and could really make a run of it if given another chance. I'd love to see this guy back in action and see what he could do.
                                                     Grant Mattos: Survivor Redemption Island
Who didn't love this guy?! Grant was a favorite by many fans but it looks like CBS won't give him the call to return back to the show. An awesome competitor it would be quite a show to have him square off against a "Malcolm" on the show.
                                                    Holly Hoffman: Survivor Nicaragua
The lady who drowned the $700 alligator shoes really had a strategy going back in her season. Why she wasn't against over a Brenda Lowe or boring Francesca is beyond me. Holly was 10 times more interesting than the both of these put together!
                                                     Jane Bright: Survivor Nicaragua
Not as glamorous as the empty-headed Andrea this North Carolina Grandma really rocked the show when she was on it. I fierce competitor with smarts to boot strangely held no appeal to the CBS execs I guess. Sad because again here's a woman of Survivor who is lengths above being more interesting than most of the women they'll have in the upcoming season.
                                                       Jud Birza "Fabio": Survivor Nicaragua
So was he just a dummy who had the million dollars fall in his lap or was he the real deal out there? I'd love to give him a 2nd chance and see. Though Fans vs Favorites shies away from bringing in returning winners I think I case could be made this time around for Jud to prove he has what it takes to go to the end again....and pee in the pool during a challenge.
                                                        Matty Whitmore: Survivor Gabon
As awkward as this may sound, I love this man. Matty played with 100% heart in the game and really deserves to be given another shot to win. Like Ace I think CBS is done with him but it's a shame because I think Matty would be a force to reckon with if given another shot for the million dollars.
                                                         Randy Bailey: Survivor Gabon
Who doesn't love the most anti-social man to play the game?! Randy isn't much for making friends or people in general. He has his dogs and that's all he needs. Oh, and another chance at Survivor would be nice too.

Randy really impressed me on the show and I was rooting for him the whole time up to the moment he was voted out. To bring him back into the game is an option I'm surprised CBS hasn't picked up. I don't think he'd go far given a 2nd time around but then again I didn't think he'd make it that far the 1st time around and look what happened!
Shannon Waters "Shambo": Survivor Samoa
Forgot about her didn't you? Shambo was a great character but was over shadowed by the immense persona of Russel Hantz for anyone to remember her. Another tragedy since she's another woman that is leagues more interesting than most of the returning female competitors since!

                                               Chelsea Meissner: Survivor One World
Hard to believe it was just one season ago we were watching her on the show and now this cast has been all but forgotten since. 

Since my wife reads this blog I won't go as far as to say I "love" this girl, but "like in a really strong way" would that be any better?

Since I'm already in trouble I may as well come out with it. Love this girl. Strong player good attitude and really had me rooting for her the whole time. It's been a long time I've rooted for a woman like this on the show. But the county gal fro South Carolina really played the game hard and I think she would've made a fine addition to the show if brought back. 

Hopefully it's not over for her and she'll return at another date. For now we'll just have to deal with the chum they have for next season and hope for the best.

So what do you think? Did I miss anyone you thought would do a better job? Or should CBS come knocking on my door next time they try to cast a show using past contestants?

No comments: