Saturday, December 29, 2012

Halo 4 review

So one of my presents this year was Halo 4 I just played the game and would like to give you my review.

Halo was the game that started it all over again for me. I was burned out by a disappointing Gamecube and was starting to lose faith in video games over all, but then Halo came around and I haven't looked at another Nintendo system since!

Halo 4 continues the story of Master Chief as he once again fights the baddies to save the day. It plays like a few of the previous game, not too many "run around lost till you find a the right way to go" moments and only one aggravating moment where you're piloting a ship for an easy task but is so difficult to control I think I ended up dying 143 times during it. (not to be exact)

It's the first time Bungie was not at the steering wheel but rather new comer 343. I feel the developers played it safe with this game, coming up with a few cool concepts but falling short in the end.

Speaking of the end...awful. It's like they couldn't think of an original idea and didn't want to harp on any ending that had already been done. (like escaping in a Warthog, or final battle against a
boss")

Instead they give you 2 push button instructions to follow and just like you did at the very begining of the game, you'd follow these two easy moves and single handedly  win the game.

The story line is Master Chief trying to save the life of Cortana, his dying A.I. from program meltdown. Don't bother trying to follow the story much farther after that because you'll get lost trying to connect the pieces. The bonus scene after the end credits make no sense whatsoever. I looks like a trailer for a sequel but... it isn't? Hard to explain, you'll have to see it for yourself.

Compared to ODST and Reach, I'd say this pulls up about even with them. Story wise however the other 2 were better. Reach might even be the better game because I had more fun playing it if I recall. It may be time to give it another look.

Is it worth your time? Geez...yeah I guess so. If you love Halo then of course you'll want to play it. Never played the online multiplayer option so I can't say if that's gotten better or not.

All I remember is they ruined the experience years ago when the took away the ability to trash talk the opposing team during play. Odd as this may sound, I made more friends online that way.

Ok, this has run on way longer than I thought it would so I'll stop here and let you get back to your day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That makes feel a little better about holding off on this iteration of the game, usually I buy the deluxe super fantastic mega version of halo games. This time though, I'm not even sure I'll get any kind of copy.

kidcardco said...

Wait a year, go to Gamestop. Buy it used. Enjoy it at that price.