Monday, May 17, 2010

Survivor Finale

Who called it? And you all read it right here on the blog before the first episode even aired!!! I stick to everything I said from the beginning, she was a threat that everyone forgot about because she didn't play All-Stars and when she made it to the merge you saw her go all...the... way!

Seems like the only time I know what's going to happen is when they bring the cast members back. I guessed Amber on All-Stars and now Sandra joins the very short list of Survivor picks I've made on day 1.
Now to say a few words about the the rest of the cast, starting with me my man Colby. Yes, he played a pathetic game. Week after week Megan saw me bemoan the fall of a true Hero. He couldn't win (not even when it counted) and even though he was the last "Hero" left standing it wasn't because he had anything to do with it.

But watching last night and hearing what Jeff had to say really shed some light on a few things. After playing the game 3 times Parvati STILL trails Colby in overall immunity challenges won. And get this... Colby was voted out before the merge in All-Stars. So that means he is STILL the reigning champ when it comes to challenges. Yes, that was a decade ago but it still make me somewhat happy for the guy.


Russell, like I said one of the most dominating players in the game. Love him or hate him he is the best at playing this game. But wasn't Boston Rob insightful when he said "Russell doesn't play to win, he only plays to get to the end" It's so true. Still, looking at the season overall, he still made some of the most brilliant moves of the game.
I hate this woman. More than I've ever hated Jerri. I never thought I'd see the day where Jerri would NOT be my #1 most hated Survivor. Now I even think she's not even in the top 3 since I hate Cirie and Amanda even more. Heck, throw Stephanie and Sugar in there and I doubt Jerri even makes it into my top 5! Guess Heroes vs Villians was a good thing for her.

PMT commercial coming out tomorrow (I promise!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with basically everything you said, and I have to give you a LOT of credit for picking Sandra. Nice work.

As far as Colby goes, he had one great season, and that's it. He won 7 out of 8 immunity challenges, and was as dominating as I've ever seen. I can't say anything good about his performance this season, he is merely a shadow of the guy we loved in Austrailia. But there is just one thing to keep in mind - essentially EVERY SINGLE immunity challenge this season was stacked towards weak players and women. Balancing plates, buckets, your arms, poles, on your feet, etc. It was RI-DIC-U-LOUS. Until Russel's final immunity win, GIRLS won FIVE OUT OF SIX immunity challenges!!! When has that ever happened??? No endurance (except balancing), no running, no swimming, no making fire, nothing physical, it was a joke. Just goes to show how much Survivor has changed. It's all about balance, and hidden immunity idols. Which kinda sucks, actually. And people wonder why it was 3 chicks and Russell in the final 4...

Speaking of Russell, he certainly is a brilliant strategist...or is he? If the goal of Survivor is to win, and his game doesn't get him there (Boston Rob is absolutely right), then how good is he REALLY? There isn't a flaw in the game, there is a flaw in HIS gameplay. He just can't win jury votes, plain and simple.

I'm with you on Parvati, SO glad she didn't win. I don't hate Amanda though. And Jerri really started to grow on me! She was absolutely my #1 hated survivor before this season, but she seemed to get along with everyone, was fun, did well, good competitor. I was shocked at how much she changed!

And I know you love Coach, but his speech at the final tribal council was totally freaking pathetic. No questions? Are you serious? It's STILL all about you??!!! I just can't stand that guy.

I'm still disappointed with the laundry list of mistakes the Heroes made, and it sucks that villains were the final 4. But it certainly was an entertaining season.

-Melton