Monday, May 24, 2010

Called it again!

I'm getting good at predicting TV Show's aren't I? 2 for 2 by my count so far!

For those of you who saw it you know what I mean here. They didn't explain a dad-burn thing about the island. What is was, why is was so special and what the purpose for it being there is.

I love it. I went in knowing this is what would happen and I got it right! Of course... was anyone surprised after watching the first episode this season? Does anyone feel cheated? That they wasted 6 years watching a show that never gave you answers? Or do you feel it was all worth it and will go around trying to get a "Lost" party together within the next year?

Your thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm...not sure what show you were watching. I give you credit for Sandra, but not here. They explained almost everything. Now, some of those explanations might not have been the tidy, nice-and-neat boxes that you were hoping for, they might have been metaphors - great works of art always inspire questions. But all of the big nuts-and-bolts questions were answered. At least in my point of view. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

-Melton

Anonymous said...

To clarify:

*SPOILER ALERT*

The island has a center where "the light" resides. It is a metaphor for good, and it keeps evil out. All of the characters were brought to the island because they were searching for something...they were LOST. Christian Sheperd explained it all - they needed each other. And, in the end, they found each other, helped each other, found themselves. They were redeemed. And eventually they died (at different times, whether on the island or off) and arrived in "purgatory" (the flash-sideways). This group of people, whose destinies were so interwoven, finally had to be awakened, upon touching their "constant" (true love for most of them - in fact, there was an episode titled "constant"), and were able to move on to the afterlife...together Their lives happened. Everything meant something in their redemption. All 6 seasons were important and built to the same place. It was beautiful.

Are there still questions? Sure. They can't answer everything. But I was satisfied.

-Melton

Anonymous said...

BTW (sorry, last one, I swear), the producers/creators/writers have maintained since day 1, that this was NOT a show about the island. It was always about the characters - and their questions were answered. So if you have other questions about the island, I don't think they really care, and you shouldn't be surprised that they didn't answer them all, since they said they wouldn't...

-Melton