Friday, September 18, 2009

Matt's Musical Review

Just wanted to give a quick review on what I thought about the play Megan and I saw at Strauss this past week. (Megan's comments will be posting soon after this)

All in all I was shocked at how well they pulled it off. From the Director and cast to the set and costumes it was well done indeed! I agree with my wife on the Missy Crain dancers. They weren't really needed and seemed to serve more as a distraction than a benefit at times.

But seriously, the production crew, the cast, everything was amazingly put together well in the time allotted. Megan and I plan on seeing it again next week too.

I hate dropping names because I always leave some people out, but both the stars did well and (being a supporting actor my whole life) I have to say Lauren Mathern, Gayle Frick and Troy "Christopher Award Winner" Wold (sp?) did an exceptional job as well as the lady who played Mrs Meers but I don't have the actress' name. But kudos to the entire cast for keeping it lively on stage after so many hours of hard work. It really showed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, those kids in the ensemble can't walk and chew gum at the same time. they were lucky they had dancers standing in front of them.

kidcardco said...

Oh ye of little faith. The Strauss kids are capable of more than you can imagine my friend.

C'mon "Anonymous" you have to admit that!

And I never said the Missy Crain Dancers were bad, I just think the stage could have been set a little differently to show all the talent on stage. : )

Anonymous said...

I agree with them. I thought the ensemble did much better than the dancers. I didn't see them mess up as much. They were lucky they had the dancers in front of them, now everyone knows how bad the dancers were.