No I didn't read the book in one day. I cracked open the first chapter, flipped through the next 100 pages and put it up.
It's entirely in 1st person. The most hated writing style for me. I can't stand it.
Sure I endure it for the classics. Frankenstein, Dracula, Last of the Mohicans, Sherlock Holmes, Jekyll and Hyde, etc. But in modern day writing? It feels SO MUCH like bad fan fiction.
I can't explain it, but it's true. It grates on my last nerve to find a book written like that today. 80% of Star Wars fan fiction I read back in the day was in first person and I believe because it's the laziest way to write a novel these days. Like you're reading someone's journal. BOR-RING.
Too bad. I really wanted to know what was in this. Maybe I'll look up a review online and get the cliff notes that way. but one thing's for sure, this book is NOT for me.
I got better things to do with my time.

No comments:
Post a Comment