Thursday, June 22, 2023

Genotype Promos (mini-review)

 Genotype is a beautiful game I love playing. I've always wanted the promos for it but didn't want to pay that much for a handful of cards. 

However, during the BGG Spring Cleaning sale, I was able to pick a few of them up to complete my collection!


Alternate Inheritance Overlays change the way you can score end game points in the game and I love this idea. I think it's worth it for sure because it adjust the strategy you need to gain those precious extra points in the end. 

Worth it. 


The next toll cards promo give you 2 types of cards to add to your deck and they're both amazing! I'd never taken the time to read what they did until I bought them and I'm glad I did because I would've bought them sooner and paid twice the cost! 

Both cards are awesome and I now know I do not need the Tantrem House promo "Fellowship Hall" because it does the same thing Spyglass does. So unless I find it for cheap, I'm happy not to have it in my game box. 


The final promo is interesting because its given to the person who last went to the University, meaning you can steal it from other players. Once everyone has claimed dice on the 2nd shift, you get to claim one remaining die on the board. 

Sure you have dead last pick, but it's almost like having a free action at the end and I LOVE that!

All 3 of these promos are worth getting if you enjoy the game as I do. It's just going to make playing Genotype that much better!

No comments: