Sunday, September 29, 2013

ESPNo thank you



It's been a few weeks that I've watched SportsCenter on ESPN lately and that's big for me. Growing up, SportsCenter is what I woke up and ate breakfast to every morning. It started my day!

Over the years though I've seen a sad emphasis on the NFL though. It's getting harder every day to determine if I have it on ESPN or the NFL Network.

Don't get me wrong, on Monday's I understand why it's all about the NFL. All the games finished the day before and ESPN recaps each one. But on Tuesday the analyze them again AND breakdown the game on Monday Night Football. And again on Wednesday...and Thursday and Friday are all about predictions and updates for Sunday's upcoming games.

What about fall baseball? On the average it's get's less than 60% coverage on their program. Even though they're playing more more baseball tan anything else right now.

So for the first time in years, I've decided to stop watching SportsCenter. This is football country I won't argue with that but it seems that's the ONLY sport ESPN likes to comment on anymore and it's getting very tiresome.

So I've switch to Fox Sports One which is way more balance and doesn't talk about the same topic for 20 minutes at a time. I also love MLB network because it's all about baseball and is the only thing I care about right now. (besides College Football of course)

Ok, just wanted to throw that out there to ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand why you moved to Fox Sports One. But you said it yourself: this is a football country. NFL games are always the highest-rated TV programs of the week. It's a multi-billion dollar industry. So in the end, it's all about ratings. ESPN has one concern: money. And if talking NFL is what's going to sell ads, that's what they're going to do. I get it.

-Melton