Friday, August 17, 2012

NEW Star Wars book coming!

As you know I'm a huge Star Wars fan and especially when it comes to the books. I'm wrapping up the Fate of the Jedi series now and I read about a new book coming out next year. I can't wait to see where they go with it.

Luke and Leia's kids are all grown up, Han's pushing into his mid 70's and I'm also hoping they decide to kill some of the main characters in this one but I doubt it. Looking at forums everyone's with me on that too.

It's not because I don't like the big 3 (Luke, Leia and Han) it's just that everyone in the books is getting unbelievably old and it's hard to stretch the realm of reality that grandpa's and grandma's are running around saving the galaxy from utter destruction.

Lucas I'm pretty sure doesn't want to see the end of his beloved characters but for stories sake I think they should. They're moving to connecting the books to the Legacy comic book series from Dark Horse that takes place 100 years after Star Wars. (right now the series is 45 years past the movies)

I find myself in difference of opinion from the rest of the Star War fans by actually thinking this series has been pretty good. I chilled by the utter "campyness" other SW fans. The books they love are the ones I consider to be THE WORST and vice versa. It really hurts to think the fanbase can sway the books but in this case I'm comforted by the fact Lucas couldn't care less about what his fans want and will do what he wants with the story regardless on how others feel.

Anyway, sorry to nerd out on you this morning but I just had to get that off my chest.

Have a great day folks!

No comments: