Thursday, June 02, 2011

Retired Mascots



Ay, Yi, Yi, Yiiiii.... look at the Frito Bandito!

Man used to be a legend until he was deemed too "racist" and forced into retirement. Why racist? The guns, the gold tooth (not shown in this picture) and the fact that he'd try to "steal" your fritos. Absolutely ridiculous. I wish they could make fun of a "white guy" somewhere.

You know, make him... I don't know, dumb, arrogant, clueless, take your pick! Make fun of us to your hearts content and guess what? I wouldn't be offended. At all. Like I said, totally ridiculous.



Joe Camel. Forced into oblivion for being too appealing to children.

Seriously?

Look at this guy. He looks more ridiculous to me than cool. How could a kid look at this and say "OOH! I want to smoke too!!"

No, they want to smoke for other reasons. To be rebellious, look "cool", influenced by their favorite on screen action hero, who knows! There are a million reasons why a kid would want to smoke... Joe the Camel wasn't one of them.

Ok, I've said my piece. We'll move on to something else tomorrow!

No comments: