Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Lost Years (30)



Here's my skit for the 2003 CWSC. It was an awesome idea I had for t-shirt ideas for the conference that year. I have to be honest, nearly all of these carry one inside joke or another, but if you were there you'd get them.

The things that made this skit work is that I had one of the speakers, (Dr Ganz) come out at the very end and make fun of me. What everyone didn't know was that I had that planned the whole time and made it LOOK like an accident. So when I did my last joke and he came out, the crowd went nuts!

I remember he refused to do it at first thinking it wasn't going to be that funny, he almost backed out right before I went on stage!! Seriously, I was late getting up there after they'd called my name because I was doing some last minute smoozing, to get him to come out at the end.

Well he did and the crowd loved it. Even HE was surprised by the reception he received. The funny thing is.... the joke he did at the end wasn't the original joke I'd written. My first idea was for him to make fun of the fact I was a councilor that year by saying "when pigs fly"

But get this... being Canadian, he didn't even know what that meant! I was shocked he'd never heard the phrase before!! He thought it was a "southern thing" to say. Funny stuff!

No comments: