Friday, July 09, 2010

3-D

Looks like the ultimate 80's throwback has come back to theaters in full affect. Yes, I know 3-D has been out since late last year but with the current news of re-releases coming out it just strengthens an already growing fad.

I haven't seen a 3-D movie before. I don't know if I ever will. Cost is one things yes, but I think the other is lack of desire. Avatar's being re-released in 3-D again with an additional 8 minutes. A move that only George Lucas would adore. But James Cameron isn't stopping there... Titanic will be re-released in UBER-LAME 3-D next year.

There is talk of the wicked King George (Lucas) doing the same with Star Wars but no word is out yet on whether he'll do it or not. My hope is "No" But in this world there's greed and there's Lucas greed...... and Lucas greed knows no bounds!

I'm betting we hear of Star Wars 3-D in the sad future. Even sadder is I'll probably drag my lazy carcuss to the theaters to see it. Not because it's 3-D, only because I can't say "No" to seeing Star Wars on the big screen.

Oh well, have a nice weekend everybody!

1 comment:

Jad said...

And I thought I was the only one who felt this way about 3D!