Friday, September 30, 2011
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
With the season ending on Wednesday and the Wild Card race SO close in both the AL and NL how could you not get excited for baseball this week?
Every night I'm clued to MLB Network watching all the latest news stroll in. Matt Kemp's triple crown contention, Ozzie Guillen being "traded" to the Marlins, a tie in the AL Wild Card and the Braves about to blow their lead over the Cardinals (maybe tonight)
The playoffs start this weekend and it'd be wonderful to have some tie-breaker baseball this Thursday to go along with it!
Who's going to win this year?
Please be anyone but the Yankees...
Monday, September 26, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Ok, so I haven't be able to watch everything on them so my review will be limited. What I have seen on them I'll tell you about then add more later on if I feel the need to do so.
This week my The complete Star Wars Saga on Blu Ray came in and I went straight to the deleted scenes. To me, it's worth just that. I've always wanted to see how bad the wampa scenes were in Empire and the sandstorm scene in Jedi. The other stuff was just as fun to look at.
Darth George was even holding back on some never before seen prequel scenes that weren't included on the DVD version. (solidifying my undying hatred of the man) And they I was positively excited about the footage I couldn't help thinking what other footage Darth George had never brought out.
I actually HAVE 2 deleted scenes that are not on the Blu Ray. The Star Wars "Jabba" scene with a real man being portrayed as Jabba and the original jam at Jabba's Palace in it's entirety!
And if I have surely other folks do to and surely Lucas knows about it. So why isn't it on the Blu Ray? Because the Lucas Empire is saving those table scraps for another release.
Overall some of the features have been extraordinary. I do think it's totally worth having. The Spoof reel is pretty enjoyable to watch too.
I haven't gotten around to seeing all of the movies on it yet. I'd like to skip the first 3 but Megan insist we watch those again as well.
After watching them I may have more to say but for now? I give it 2 sabers up!
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Well, well, well, here we are at the end of another season of baseball and what is there to say about the Mets? Well, for starters I'm glad we didn't come in last place like everyone predicted we would this year.
That's gotta speak for something.
Overall I'm proud of what we did, in fact it only gets worse from here. Let's face it folks, the Mets aren't keeping Reyes. They can't afford it. And unless Bud Selig kicks the Wilpons out of the Mets ownership, it's going to be a long decade.
The Mets are so broke right now they can't afford to pay attention. All the bad deals for overpaid and injured players has finally run it's course. Now the Mets will have to wake up from their thoughtless signing binge and deal with the hangover of bad seasons as a result.
I'll watch the post season as I always do, but I feel bad for the little 3 legged Met's dog that never stood a chance getting in to the kennel with the big dogs to battle it out.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Finally. Auburn losses. No one at Auburn should be surprised by this either. We're not anywhere close to the shadow of the team we were last year. Clemson EMBARRASSED our defense and our offense could use improvement as well.
So where do we go from here? Hopefully we don't lose to FAU next week and before you laugh let me get you a statistic, Auburn is notorious for losing back to back games. I said 4 losses maybe 6, well not I'm pretty sure it's going to be 6.
I wonder when Auburn fans will figure out Chizic's an idiot? That should be interesting to see once the beating (I mean season) is over.
Too bad most folks don't have DirecTV, because they missed out on another amazing season of Damages. Season 4 wrapped up this week and I have to say, this show is still bringing it.
The writers and producers of the show pulled out all the stops for this season. It was well written and not made on the cheap! I was extremely happy with how they handled the overall story between Ellen Parsons and Patty Hewes.
John Goodman put on his best performance EVER. I equiv elate it to John Lithgow's performance in Season 4 of Dexter. Goodman as the bad guy is convincing and masterfully performed at every angle.
Anyone with Netflix, start watching them now. It's well worth your time!
Still more post to come later today. I'm churning out thoughts here...
There go my summer shows! Both Entourage and Rescue Me were enjoyable shows but like all good things they both had to come to an end. Now the only shows I have left that I watch are Dexter, Survivor, Clone Wars, Damages and Walking Dead.
As some of you already know I don't plan on adding any new shows. I think my free time and being TV free once again. From here on out I'll only watch series that have been completed.
I have a good list so far but I'm saving them for next summer.
Now that my fall season is kicking off, I have plenty to watch at the moment.
What TV shows are you watching?
MORE posts coming later today!!
Friday, September 16, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
So last week I had to make some apologies for Auburn. This week I'm saying "Thank You" to a few people:
1) Thank you Miss State, for making us look good. (and mistakes you made, I thank you for as well)
2) Thank you Auburn's running game. You made me a true believer that our quarterback Trotter, really sucks!
3) Thank you Gene Chizek, for having NO control what-so-ever from his team. 4 personal fouls in the first quarter?! Nice.
4) Thank you referee's, for giving us that first down call...that was about an inch away from the pole. Sure all we got was 3 points and that didn't change the game but it was nice to see all the Miss State players jump for joy when seeing the chains then stand frozen in disbelief when the ref called it a first down.
5) And finally, thank you Auburn defense. You didn't give up 4 touchdowns in the 4th quarter to lose the game. In fact, that goal line stop at the end was the best thing I've seen all year. (or will see)
Now that I've gotten to see Auburn these past few weeks I realize we don't have a quarterback. That's bad. So I'm dropping my expectations of the Tigers and by admitting we'll at least be dropping 4 games this season.
I love my Tigers but the facts are hard not to see. But I'll take 2-0 over an 0-2 start any day!
So last week I was once again in the great state of Texas. Didn't do much this time around. I ate at a few new places but that was it. Just to let you know Chicken Now is the WORST restaurant I've been to by far since I've been here! Taco Bueno was good and Jimmy Johns ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF! Wow, what a place!!
No videos this week since I did even less than before! But this week I'm back in good ole Monroe. It's nice to be home again.
The comic strip continues tomorrow!
Sunday, September 11, 2011
So more deleted footage has been revealed for the upcoming Star Wars Blu-Ray release later on this week. It just couldn't get any better. The more I see of these deleted scenes the more I realize Lucas' Jedi mind trick on me to buy them AGAIN is working.
I'm getting tons of questions from people asking me what I think about the changes Lucas is making AGAIN to the originals. Again, I have to say "It's Lucas, what'd you expect?"
Just like Darth Vader telling Luke that the name "Anikin" is dead to him, so is the Lucas of the 80's. He's now been replaced by a mechanical replica with no feelings toward the fans or respect for the original trilogy.
But who knows, maybe like Vader Lucas will turn around in the end and apologize to the fans for his own personal "purge" of the originals.
Perhaps we'd have to threaten the life of one of his kids to do it though. Any takers?
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Friday, September 09, 2011
Oh my goodness... so much to talk about when it concerns the new season of Survivor. How awesome is this cast!
1) Ozzie returns! One of the most dominant players in Survivor is back. His social game was awful and he'll be seen as an enormous threat in challenges later on. Will he be the first to go... again??
2) THE DRAGON SLAYER!!! Yep, Coach is back. He's so arrogant... I love this guy. The only way he goes to the end is if someone gets smart and takes him there knowing no one will vote for him. Anyway, I'm excited to see him back.
3) Russell Hantz's NEPHEW!! Yep, the 19 year old has stated that he's going to hide that fact from everyone else on the island. Will he be as good as Russell? I think not, but I'm still interested to watch!
4) Former Miss America contender and "Country Star" contestant. I hate when they do this. Bring other "reality" stars onto other shows just to try and increase ratings. Neither of these woman seem interesting and I expect them each to flounder from the competition early on.
Other than that, things look interesting and as always I'm looking forward to it next week!
Sunday, September 04, 2011
So Lucas has done it again. He's changing the original movies once more!
This time oddly, I don't mind. In this clip Vader screams "Nooo!" in response to the Emperor BBQ'ing his kid. He then throws him over the railing to his "death". (If you've read the comic books you know what I mean by that)
Compared to the past changes (Greedo shooting first and Hayden as Darth at the end of Return of the Jedi) I have to admit I really don't mind this one.
Sure the nerds are up in arms about this and I've already been asked by a few folks what I thought, so there you have it. While we're on the subject, another change I didn't mind was in Star Wars where Han is chasing after stormtroopers only to come across a slew of (CG) stormtroopers hanging out in a bay. LOVED IT!
When are they going to learn, they can't beat an SEC Tiger?
Once again the media favored Oregon to come away with the "W" and once again they were wrong.
Now the Ducks have are suffering 2 straight losses. Ouch. That's gotta hurt.
Nike's add from last years defeat showed me that they haven't "changed" much since the last time we saw them.
Oh well, better luck next year!
Saturday, September 03, 2011
After sitting thru Auburn's first game I need to pass out a few apologies:
1) I apologize to Utah State, for letting their team think they were going to win the game but pulling a rabbit out of our hat to take it away from them. Pathetic.
2) I apologize to the NCAA. This was no way for the defending National Champions to open up their first game of the season. Sorry about that.
3) I apologize to the WAC for making their conference look good in college football.
4) I apologize to the Auburn fans, I guess Gene isn't an idiot...no really...he played smart football out there...really.
I'm just thankful we didn't play those BEAST from South Florida! Yikes! Did anyone see that game? National Champion contenders if I've ever seen one!
College Football kicks off again this weekend and here's my wish list for this week:
1) Georgia EMBARRASSES Boise State and shows them how REAL football is played.
2) LSU continue's Oregon's defeated streak against SEC opponents.
3) Auburn wins at least through the first half of their season so I won't feel so bad for the defending champs.
On a side note, I know Auburn won't be the team they were last year. I'm holding out for a 10 win season but even that goal seems far fetched. I'm proud that my boys kept the SEC in the Elite status they have in college football today. Not a single analyst can argue that we our the dominant conference in football.
I was listening to a Big Twelve radio station in Dallas last week that was saying just that! My only hope is for either LSU or Alabama to continue that tradition this year. Both teams look good enough to make a run at a National Championship this year.
Here's to hoping for the best!
Friday, September 02, 2011
Just thought I'd give everyone an update on what week 2 felt like in Texas. I mainly went out to eat at different restaurants such as, Pappa Deauxs, In N Out, Simply Burgers and Bostons. All of which were worth my time.
I also went to this amazing comic book store called Lone Star which had every Zombies!!! game available to buy on the shelves. I was stunned to say the least.
Overall it tended to be another good trip.
Have a good weekend folks!