Saturday, February 26, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
Incredible as it may sound, this week marks my 900th comic book ever made! After making 100 issues of Sanriogirl, I knew it wouldn't take long to get to this point.
It's so wild because most of you who read this have read one of my comics before and it boggles my mind even today that this still goes on!
I don't expect to reach the next hundred issues anytime soon though, maybe in about 2 years give or take. But it is an achievement to behold, that's for sure!
In other news, be sure to check me out over the weekend. I'm going to try and get a little "Saturday morning" cartoon theme songs playing on the blog over the weekend, so stay tuned...
Monday, February 21, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
I remember as a kid my mom bought us these "Super Friends" cards to give out to our classmates on V-Day. Because they were cards with Super Hero's on it, I wasn't ever embarrassed to give them out.
It's funny because, yes, each card in my mind was a social status. For instance:
1) Plastic Man-Means I don't know you well or I don't like you and my mom is making me give you a valentine.
2) Superman, Superman/Wonder Woman, Supergirl/Wonder Woman- Meant we weren't friends and I didn't care either way for you.
3) Superman/Batman/Penguin, Flash/Green Arrow/Wonder Girl - Meant you achieved mid-card status with me and I acknowledged you as being labeled a "friend"
4) Batman/Robin, Batman/Batgirl, Superman/Batman/Robin - Meant I counted you as one of my good friends. Heck, if a girl received a Batman/Batgirl card from me it probably meant I liked her!
5) Batman/Robin/Joker - This was "elite" status in my book. I saved these for last and ONLY gave them out to my best friends. If you got this and didn't thank me profusely, you had no understanding of the honor I was bestowing upon you.
We begged Mom every year to get the same cards for us she actually made Valentine's Day look cool to an 8 year old.
That's why today I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day. Mom, here's a Batman/Robin/Joker card just for you!
Friday, February 11, 2011
Monday, February 07, 2011
Time to talk about the GOOD stuff!
As you all know, Survivor's getting ready to kick off their new season with a bang!
In this season each castaway will get a chance to be placed back into the game if they can survive Redemption Island. The concept is interesting though, I'm not too happy about someone who was voted off being given a second chance. Jeff Probst HATED the idea when they did it a few years ago. I wonder if this means his view's changed.
I'm of course willing to give it a chance since this IS my favorite show, but the one thing I'm not happy about is the return of Boston Rob and Russell Hantz. Sure they're both GREAT characters but we just saw them last year compete. Do we really need to see them competing again so soon?! And this will be Boston Rob's 4th appearance on the show. (seems like the producer's playing favorites here)
Regardless, it should be a great show and I'm looking forward to it!
Saturday, February 05, 2011
Friday, February 04, 2011
Well, well, well.... looks like it's that time again to visit a few parties, much down on some food then watch the last 2 minutes of the over-rated NFL.
Then the whole nation will morn the loss of football in their lives, ESPN will CONSTANTLY talk about the draft for weeks and people will walk around like Zombies waiting for next fall.
Me? I'll be happy watching Survivor and getting ready for another excited season of baseball!!
I can't WAIT for this Sunday to be over!!